Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Range hood filters

Posted by clt3 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 9, 11 at 11:01

I was trying to clean my stove top and range hood today. Nothing was really working on the filters. I've not been really good on keeping up with them because I hadn't really found any product that does a good job. I remembered this stuff I bought for my husband to clean his grill and after reading the bottle decided it seemed safe to use. I laid the filters in the sink, sprayed both sides, and let them sit about 10 minutes. WOW, they look brand new! NAYY, but just thought if anyone was having the same problem , they might appreciate a little help and I was really impressed.
http://www.jelmar.com/CLRgrease.htm

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Range hood filters

We put in a new range hood filter in January. The filter easily slides out and can go in the dishwasher. What could be easier?

o
RE: Range hood filters

If they won't fit in your dishwasher you can use something as simple as Dawn dishwashing detergent. Fill a sink using hot water/detergent and find something to weight the filter so it doesn't float. Let set and come back and rinse.

I have also used a product called Oil Eaters that works great for not only grease but brake dust off of expensive car wheels, super grimy bbq's, and even spray it on my paint brushes before I start cleaning them with soap. As with any product read the instructions and test before using.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here