Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dale74_gw

How to get your hard water stains off of your dishes

dale74
13 years ago

I just joined your site because I found articles 2 days ago on your site talking about permanent hard water stains on glasses after taking them out of the dish washer. I found a solution to this proble. So, I figured I should share it with everyone

I had the same problem. I had hard water stains on my glasses after running them through the dish washer, and I changed detergents and tried the Palmolive Eco friendly dishwashing detergent when I first notice hard water stains on my dishes, hoping the Palmolive would get rid of my water stains, bad choice, that just made it worse because the Eco friendly Palmolive will leave a dried soap residue on your dishes on its own.

I did find a solution though that worked for me and should work for anyone. An easy remedy anyone can do. I am a mechanic and I use Permatex " Fast Orange " hand cleaner to clean grease off of my hands after working on cars. This stuff removes almost any type of stain or residue from anything you use it on. So I thought it might work on water stains, and it did. It has no petroleum additives, its biodegradable, and non toxic, natural citrus formula. It's safe.

You can get it at Dollar General Grocery store or at Autozone Auto parts store or you could purchase it off of the internet. They make a smooth lotion type,( which is the type I used on my dishes) and another type that is a gritty lotion which is what I use on my hands after working on cars.

At Dollar General they have the smooth lotion type for about $3 for 15fl oz. bottle. Which will take care of a lot of dishes.

All you have to do is squeeze out a little on your fingers, sponge, or on the dish. Rub in/on the Fast Orange lotion like you are polishing something for a minute or two. Rinse the dish off with water. Dry the glass or dish off and examine it. It might require a second cleaning, but only because you will miss some on the first cleaning. Other than maybe having to do the process a second time. Your done.

Thats it. It's that simple. It worked for me and I am sure it work for anybody else willing to try it.

Comments (4)