Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Portable vacuum to use on Pergo floor???

Posted by kaisermust (kaisermust@aol.com) on
Thu, Oct 1, 09 at 10:56

Tired of using my Swiffer sweeper. Picks up some dirt but leaves just as much on the floor. Anyone have a portable vacuum they use on their hardwood or Pergo floor? Brand, where did you buy it? Have an upright vacuum but know I shouldn't use the beater brush but don't seem to have a hardwood floor attachment. And I would like some type of vacuum that's more lightweight than my regular upright but more effective that the Swiffer sweeper. Any ideas??? I have long haired tabby and four-footed canine which leave tons of dust bunnies and dirt on the kitchen floor.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Portable vacuum to use on Pergo floor???

How about an electric broom?

o

I'm shopping for the same type of unit for hardwood floors. I'm considering getting a small unit that is worn on the hip.

Here is a link to the one I was considering. They are coming out with a HEPA version in 2010, so I'm waiting to see the specs on that one before making my purchase.

Dirt Devil used to make a canister model with a shoulder strap.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hip vac

o

I use a Hoover Porta Power Handheld Canister Vacuum on my hard surface floors, and I'm very pleased with it. It's very effective on floors, stairs, and for dusting. I decided to get one when I saw the ladies from the cleaning service I use using them. It costs about $120, and comes with a reusable bag, but you can order disposable bags if you prefer. If you want the disposable bags, you also need a $10 accessory. To find one, google "hoover porta power."

o

I have one of the Eureka stick vacs for my kitchen floor and it does a good job. It's not much more than a dust buster with a long handle, but works great on the pet hair, grass, etc. that 3 cockers and 2 cats carry in the house. Mine came from Walmart for about $20.

o

Try Bissell brand, stick cleaners either the featherweight or Versus Bare Floor Vacuum Cleaner.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here