Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Window Cleaning Tip

Posted by najoba (najoba@hotmail.com) on
Mon, Oct 20, 08 at 9:13

After we moved to the country, we hired a man to clean our windows. He asked me for old newspaper. He said that was the best thing to use for cleaning windows. I couldn't believe it!

He was right. Crumple up the old newspaper and use it instead of paper towels or cloth. It leaves the windows streak free, and they don't get dirty as fast.

Country folks have a lot to teach us city folks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Window Cleaning Tip

First of all, make sure to use your vacuum cleaner to clean around the edges and to remove any loose dust, dirt or even cobwebs in the corners. The more of the loose dirt you can remove now means that there is less chance to get unwanted residues smudged or smeared on the glass when you are washing it. Don't forget to vacuum around the sills also. If you have blinds installed, it is often useful to use a feather duster to remove any dust from these before you clean the actual pane.
[url=http'//www.drivenwide.com]'promoter[/url]

Here is a link that might be useful: promoter

o

I learned this tip from this message board years ago - water and cornstarch solution for washing the windows, and a good quality squeegee is also a great tool to use for windows and you won't need the newspaper.

If you don't like the ink left all over your hands from newspapers, you can get the unprinted newsprint - the end of the rolls - from your local newspaper office for free/cheap. We've used unprinted newsprint paper for all kinds of things:

-windows
-kids crafts/drawing/art
-wrapping glassware for storage/moving (NO ink residue on anything)
-filler for packing when sending a package
-gift wrap

-Grainlady

o

I use a Norwex Microfiber cloth with just plain water and then polish with one of their polishing cloths. My windows are flawless. Best part they don't get as dirty anymore because I am not using any chemicals with residue for the dirt to attract to.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here