Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problem with Bissell Steam Mop

Posted by maydl (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 4, 08 at 23:03

I used my new Bissell Steam Mop for the first time today, and after mopping two tile floors I found that there were FOUR round holes in the mop head, each the size of a pea.

I'm going to contact the company about this, but has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone make their own microfiber mop heads, rather than buy the manufactured replacements? If so, can you share the pattern and technique?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problem with Bissell Steam Mop

If your floor is like mine you have an anti skid surface that chews up mops and anything cloth. I have two floor mates with brush attachments that suction up the dirty water. They both work like charms to suck up the water in the dirty grout joints.

You could call the 800 # and Bissell would probably send you a replacement but the same thing would happen unless you used it on a tile floor without anti skid.

o
RE: Problem with Bissell Steam Mop

Thanks, mulchmamma. My porcelain tile is textured and naturally non-skid, but it didn't have a special non-skid surface added, which I know from the dealer is an optional treatment. I've sent an e-mail to Bissell asking what to do about this development.

BTW, I think the structure of the mop is at least partially to blame, because the holes developed in a pattern: one straight row of three holes, with a fourth hole exactly three inches above the middle hole in the row below.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here