Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mildew on boat seats....ugh

Posted by msladybyte (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 16, 08 at 22:30

Hello,

I searched this forum high and low and can't find this issue anywhere. We have friends with a pontoon that we all spend alot of time on. When we finish for the weekend, we cover the boat with the factory boat cover...well, there is evidently still a great deal of moisture on the seats because they have started to mildew.

It's just in spots and only on the seats. I have tried pine cleaner, all purpose cleaner and even the famous Magic Eraser...I just KNEW it would work, but it didn't.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help...;-)

Connie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mildew on boat seats....ugh

Have you tried using mildew remover that they make for cleaning bathrooms?

Also, bleach will kill mildew but it may harm your seats.

The problem with mildew is that the cleaners kill the mildew but not the spores so it keeps coming back. You will have to battle it for some time using preventive measures. Keep spraying, even when you do not see mold.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here