Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a1an

Do you *seal* stainless steel and What is your Favorite Degreaser

a1an
14 years ago

Easy Question 1st. What is you favorite degreaser - slightly aggressive. Just not too mild. I have various bottles of Fantastik, Fantastik Heavy Duty, Lyso 4-1 All Purpose Cleaner. I can't seem to find it no more but IMO Easy Off BAM Universal Degreaser - purple bottle/green sprayer head is SUCH a great degreaser. It doesn't have a strong fume, cuts grease well without alot of elbow grease and it not too MILD.

I tried all 4 yesterday while cleaning (ran out of Easy off Bam Degreaser). Ran to the supermarket. They did not carry it. I opted ending up just spot cleaning with Easy Off Oven Cleaner sprayed on a rag.

------

I clean the frige doors/exterior range hood with a wet microfiber, then dry and then follow up with Stainless Steel *cleaner*. SS cleaner is slightly oily but I suppose this good *film* it leaves behind is because SS when clean, is slightly ~absorbent~.

I am curious what cleaning methods do you follow for the underside of your stainless steel exhaust hoods if or the entire Stove.

My filters I throw in the dishwasher.

I do notice a *shine/color* difference when I use a degreaser/followed by water on SS surfaces rather than just wiping it clean with a SS cleaner/polish on the stove and underside of the hood.

Comments (3)