Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's wrong with Endust??

Posted by franci37 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 10, 07 at 20:35

I gave up on Pledge and all the others long ago but love Endust. Give me some info on it ladies? I'm always using all the good advice I read in this forum so I'd like to get your opinion on it. Thought it was safe for all furniture???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's wrong with Endust??

I always thought Pledge and Endust were interchangeable. I spray either on the cloth, then dust with it. Am I wrong?

o

If I remember correctly (IIRC), Pledge has silicone in it and Endust does not.

This is very important if you ever want to refinish or touch up your wood furniture, as silicone makes it almost impossible to get a good finish.

o

Endust is grease....It's OK to perhaps spray on your cloth....but I threw it away when I found my cleaning lady was spraying it on my furniture....everything looked shiny....but was greasy to the touch.
Try a microfiber cloth. Holds the dust and puts nothing on your furniture.
Linda C

o

Thanks for the info. I clean homes and just now started using microfiber cloths alone. I guess I got used to the shine but no one's complaining. Saves me $ now too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here