Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning mold off stuffed animals and baby blanket

Posted by functionfirst (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 9, 11 at 18:34

After not running the air conditioner, some stuffed toys now have mold and/or mildew on them. Some can be washed in the washer, some cannot. How can we clean both types safely? These things somtimes go into little mouths.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning mold off stuffed animals and baby blanket

Just toss them if they can't go into the washer and take high heat. It's not worth the risk.

o

My thoughts exactly. Thanks.

o

If the stuffed animals in question are "special" and you really want to salvage them, try the following.

Remove stuffing and throw away. Mold spores are in and will remain in the stuffing. Not safe for your child.

Next, wash the animals using mold killing solution (maybe liquid Lysol). If animals are free of mold, re-stuff animals with new stuffing.

Doubt you will want to go to this much trouble.

I personally would buy new stuffed animals and not take the risk of mold spores still being in the animals. Health of our babies/children are more important than stuffed toys.

o

I agree. Thanks everyone.

o

anything that has had mold on it, shouldn't really be on a baby/child.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here