Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help, Help!! Removing Accent marker from carpet!!

Posted by hostagrams (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 16, 09 at 18:28

Four-year-old grandson decorated our new carpeting with yellow Accent marker . . . any ideas about how to get it out? At least it wasn't black Sharpie . . .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help, Help!! Removing Accent marker from carpet!!

You might want to call the company that makes the pen and ask them what they recommend. My choice of product is Spot Shot in the aerosol can.

Here is a link that might be useful: Spot Shot

o

I was able to get red and purple kool-aid or marker out of my carpet with Oxiclean. I'm not sure which it was because it was on the carpet when we bought the house.

o

Hair spray.
The NON-aerosol type.
My son colored our brand new trucks cloth interior with black permanent marker and I had it spotless before his Dad got home. :)

o

OOPS~I meant the aerosol type.
(The one that you can push the button and it keeps spraying.)
I used RAVE by the way if that helps at all.

o

Straight alcohol.

o

Winning Colours stain remover may work. I used it for two year old paint stain on my carpet and it took it right out! The link is below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Carpet stain remover - Winning Colours

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here