o
Cleaning a hair brush

Posted by laila_2009 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 5, 12 at 18:22

How do you clean a hair bush?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning a hair brush

Use a comb to remove excess hair,then apply shampoo and rub under running water. I'll often do 2 brushes at once and scrub them together with shampoo.

o

I also use a comb .but I use a strong cleaner ,rinse well.

o

I vacuum the brush first, then comb if necessary.

o

After removing excess hair, I soak all my combs and brushes in a mixture of ammonia and water for about 15 minutes. Rinse and let dry.

o

I second the ammonia technique. I also add a little dish soap. I have on occasion soaked for extended periods, primarily because due to forgetfulness.

o

1st I clean out hair w/a comb then I too soak in ammonia, small amnt of dish soap & hot water for about 15-20 min. (or until I remember to take them out!) Been doing this for as long as I can remember.

o

I comb out hair, then put them into a sink of hot water with Neutrogena anti residue shampoo, swish them around, and add combs and curlers. After they soak awhile I rinse them and take them out to dry..

o

soak the brush in water for atleast 2-3 hours and take your old toothbrush which is ready to destroy and wash with it by applying soap.

o

Shampoo - it is designed to remove hair oils.

o

Kushy that is a good idea, I will try the tooth brush and use some shampoo to clean with.

I save my old battery powered tooth brushes to clean around the edges of sinks. They work great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here