Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Update on Sears HE Stain-Fighting Formula Laundry Detergent

Posted by mara_2008 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 13, 08 at 17:26

Last week I bought some Sears Oxi-Clean Formula laundry detergent (blue lid) on sale at my local independent Sears dealer. I noticed they had all the buckets EXCEPT the Stain-Fighting Formula (orange lid). When I asked the owner about it, he said Sears is changing the formula and will bring the new formula out soon. I hope it will be at least as good as the original.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Update on Sears HE Stain-Fighting Formula Laundry Detergent

Thanks for the info! I was at Sears also and there wasn't any detergent with the orange lid on the shelves. They still have the orange boxes of the stain fighting formula but it doesn't say HE on the box. Wonder if it's the same thing and low-sudsing? And, I wonder why they're changing the formula? Nothing was wrong with it. I really hate it when you finally find something you like, works real well and they go and change the formula to a new and improved version. Pulling up Sears website, there isn't any of the stain fighting formula in the buckets either. I really hope it's not being discontinued.

o
RE: Update on Sears HE Stain-Fighting Formula Laundry Detergent

I first realized something was amiss when I couldn't find the orange-lid buckets at the Sears website anymore. The old HE Stain-Fighting Formula has been discontinued, according to the owner of the store I mentioned, and another formula is in the works.

buzzley gave this info at the Laundry Forum:

"I haven't been able to find it either. They must be eliminating nonylphenol ethoxylates (NPEs), which a Consumer's Report article from last year claimed were ingredients in Sears detergents, even though most other detergents stopped using them long ago. Either that or DeSoto finally went under and Sears had to contract with a new manufacturer. I'll bet that they will eventually reformulate all of their detergents or simply drop the ones that aren't big sellers.

This may be good or bad. Guess we will have to wait and see."

Since the orange boxes don't have the HE symbol on them, I'm leery of using that formula. I've heard that manufacturers won't honor an HE washer warranty if HE laundry detergent isn't used.

I bought two of the orange-lid buckets in July when they were on sale half-price, so I shouldn't need any more for at least a year.

Some people are saying they're still finding it at some stores. But I can't find any in my area now. I presume it's at the stores until it sells out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here