Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrea_san_diego

Vapor Clean II

andrea_san_diego
16 years ago

I'm considering buying the Vapor Clean II steam cleaner and was wondering if anyone has used it. It is more powerful than the steam mops and the price is higher at $359.00. I was going to have my tile and grout professionally cleaned but if the Vapor Clean works I'll probably save money in the long run.

Thanks,

Andrea

Here is a link that might be useful: Vapor Clean Products

Comments (4)

• graywings123
    16 years ago

I have been eyeing up the same machine, so I hope you buy it and report back.

• critters_mom
    14 years ago

Has anyone tried this yet? I've read too many bad things about "The Shark" on this site and know I don't want that.

This machine is on a Hoover (Love 'em) site (says Vapor Clean II is by Ladybug Steam Cleaners??) Supposedly on sale for $130 off making it cost $369. For that price I would think it would be well made and do the work advertised. Is an eight foot hose long enough? The electrical cord is 16ft. I would be using it in the kitchen and bathroom.

If you own a different brand and really like it I'd like to know what brand it is and why you think it's good. If you have a machine you really hate I'd like to know that, too.=)

I saw my first "Shark" advertisement tonight and they DO make it look tempting! (Of course... it's ADVERTISING) I would love to have a machine that really does what this shows.

Thanks in advance for any input. Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: Vapor Clean II steam cleaner

• annie1971
    14 years ago

I keep watching these steam machine posts, trying to gather information. I had a Europro portable (you could carry it over your shoulder) and it had all the attachments. It worked great for blowing out the window and sliding door frames. But it always burned my hands and the floor attachment was awkward. I finally tossed it when it started spewing hot water and steam, making it impossible to use even with gloves. I think I got it from HSN or QVC and I think it was about $100. I really want a good one to use on my tile floors (and wood floors occasionally), as well as the window and sliding door frames. I also have been spooked by all of the bad Shark comments. The Vapor Clean II seems to be a reasonable price if it performs (for more than a few months) and is easy to set up and operate. I know I won't use anything regularly if it's a major production to set it up and haul it around.
    graywings: I thought you had a good vapor steam machine that you liked. What features are you looking for in another one?

• graywings123
    14 years ago

I have the Vapor Clean TR5 and have been happy with it. My big complaint with it is the "easy grip steam button."

The quality of the machine is great, but the steam button only works when it is being pressed. I understand the safety reason for it, but pressing that button gets old quickly when you are cleaning a large floor. Your choices to get around it are either to replace the part for $80 with a button that stays on or create a work-around with rubber bands.

The machine is made in Italy and the instructions for using it are lousy. You would think that the people who own the website where you are buying it would have the initiative to write a better manual in English. And all of their testimonials are five years old, and some of the links on the website don't work. In this age of businesses going belly up, I always look at stuff like that. It may mean nothing.

I know someone who has VC3000 - it takes a long time to heat up, but has a larger boiler capacity.