Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any cleaning problems with holes/jets of air tubs used as shower?

Posted by tub4me (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 18, 08 at 13:18

Looking at a Kohler air tub for a bathroom remodel and was not sure if anyone has run into any problems or headaches trying to keep the holes/jets of the Kohler (or any other make) air tub (located near the bottom of the tub) clean after daily showers in the same tub?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any cleaning problems with holes/jets of air tubs used as sho

If you have hard water, you may wind up getting calcium and lime buildup. However, it's easy to clean with CLR and a toothpick. If they start to act funky or spray weird or not spray at all, then put some CLR in the bottom with some hot water. Let it sit for about 10 minutes, then drain the tub, then turn the water and jets back on and they should work well again. The ones that don't just poke with a toothpick or a stick pin and the calcium will come right out. You can do the same thing with shower heads.

o
RE: any cleaning problems with holes/jets of air tubs used as sho

My Bain Ultra Air tub will be a year old in Dec. My water is neither hard or soft. I've not had any problems with build up of dirty, discolored or clogged holes. 10 minutes after the pump goes off, a 90 second air "purge" starts that blows out any water that might be in the air chambers. I've read about this sort of thing with water jetted tubs and is one of the reasons I chose air.
Monica

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here