Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Patio Umbrella Mold/Mildew

Posted by puppymom (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 13, 04 at 12:03

Can you tell me how to clean or what to use to get this out/off of the white umbrella? No way it's going away for the year unless this stuff is cleaned off!

Thanks,
Jean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Patio Umbrella Mold/Mildew

try a solution of hot water and oxyclean... it's worked on everything else, and doesn't eat the fibers like bleach would.

remember, however, the mildew is one of the hardest things to get out of textiles.

o

I buy a mildew remover from Home Depot but its very similar to X14. I spray it on, (on an area that grass isn't growing), let it sit a few minutes, then spray off.

o

As always, thanks!

Jean

o

There is a cleaner out just for patio furniture etc works wonders.I got mine at LOwes

o

someone mentioned to throw it in the swimming pool. Got one? got a really good friend that has one? LOL

o

bulldinkie, there is a Lowe's right up the street and..

artmom, this was the first time in years we didn't open the pool - good thing since we really didn't have a summer! But I will remember this one for next year.

Thanks,
Jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here