Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cleaning window screens

Posted by jea2007 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 15, 10 at 11:27

I have double hung windows and the screens are on the outside. The are getting pretty grungy so need to be cleaned. Historically I have tried vacuuming, flat attachment and brush attachment, I have hosed them off, I have scrubbed with a brush and hosed them off but they never really seem to get clean.

Any ideas.

J

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cleaning window screens

Your screens may be old enough to have the old dirty look even when they are clean. Replacing the screen part may be the only way you can get rid of the dirty look. Wire screens will get this way, not sure about the newer non-wire type.

Another thought, did you use a cleaning solution of any kind or just use water on the screens in all attempts to clean them?

o
RE: cleaning window screens

Lately I've been cleaning mine from the inside with a damp microfiber cloth. That seems to be getting a lot of dirt off very quickly and very easily. LOVE my microfiber cloths! I got THESE but you can find them in your local hardware or automotive store. They also clean the windows with only water. Super easy cleaning.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here