Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help, Rainx left an awful film

Posted by angie1010 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 5, 11 at 11:27

I used Rainx 2 in 1 cleaner on my car window and now it is streaked and just a mess. I have tried Windex, rubbing alcohol, and soap and water and nothing has helped. How can I get this awful film off of my car window?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help, Rainx left an awful film

Not sure about Rainx 2in1, but maybe my experience with the original will help you. If you follow the directions and apply regularly, this stuff is a miracle worker. (I went for months with broken windshield wipers and could see well when others were pulling off the road because of heavy rain.) If you don't keep up with it (i.e. apply regularly), it makes it extremely hard to see. Not sure what happened in your case.

From a story my dad told (and I'm not sure which forum that goes in (-: ), I'm pretty sure ammonia will clean off the rainx.

o

I second the ammonia to remove what's on your windshield. Re-apply the RainX,follow the directions, don't apply a thick coat. I've used regular RainX and it works great for me! Water just beads up and runs off in the wind as you drive.

o

I love RainX.. but have streaked with it applying in full florida sun. Put it in the shade, open the windows & apply it again once it cools off some fixes it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here