Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
victorian227

H20 Mop the Continuing Saga

victorian227
16 years ago

Hi Ladies, It looks like we've exhausted this thread. I started a new one so we can see how Gail likes her new mop.

Comments (96)

• kat5326
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Thank you all :)

I just called the 800 number and *surprise* I was one of the first 500 callers :)

I passed on the priority shipping (Hmm.. 10-15 business days - isn't that exactly the same as the regular 2-3 weeks?) but I did order the extra pads because we have almost 4000 sq feet here & I have a feeling I'll be needing them.

I'll let you know how it works as soon as it gets here. With 3 guys, a dog and 2 cats, I'm sure I'll be using it daily.

• partyofsix
    16 years ago

P.S. I read Livvy's mom's post about of course the Shark co. is going to say it can be used on as many surfaces as possible becaue they want your business. That is a good point but I also think that our floor manufacturers will do the opposite. If they haven't tested steam than they will say they don't recommend it. Steam mopping is fairly new and so they probably are use to the old industrial way of steaming which used a ton of water. I too have beveled edge engineered wood floor planks (MoeMoe, however mine are by Mannington)and the reason I am thinking it will be fine is because of the Shark's almost-instant-dry time. I picture it being very hot and not a wet steam but more of a dry steam since the owners say it is dry almost instantly after running it over an area. Ree, Correct me if I am wrong? I would not use the H20 mop on my particular floor becaue owners say that it leaves the floor soooo wet. Anyway, just my opinion.

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

partyofsix
    you are 100% right! They do not 'wet' the floors, the steam is so hot, it's just that..steam, and yes, they are almost dry instantly. you are not just leaving it in one spot, you are moving it back and forth so it's not like the hot steam is just sitting still causing damage. I have used a steam mop about 6 years now..I have never had any damage at all..I do clean my floors a lot, esp. in my kitchen..( I have a thing when it comes to my floors being clean..lol) Since I have had the mop, I find it's 1-2-3 so I don't mind taking it out and cleaning often.. I have 2 kids and two little maltese and just the traffic of coming in and out makes the mop worth it! I hope you all enjoy using your mop as much as I have! Ree

Kat..do not do quick ship..doesn't come any faster and they get you for another 10 bucks..I actually called the company and had them reimburse me, and they did! I ordered the extra pads and so happy I did..you will definitely need them with 4000 sf, wow!! big house! Enjoy it!! Ree

• luvmypets
    16 years ago

Thanks Ree, maybe I have been using it on my fireplace brick to rinse off a mason cleaner I found so if it is rust not to worry than. Thanks again appreciate the tips.

• daffofils27690
    16 years ago

Thankyou everyone! After reading all the postings I am going to call and order a Shark this evening with the infomercial number. I will let you know how it works.

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

partyofsix
    I just read you ordered your mop! I can't wait to hear how you like it! You supplied great information about the laminate flooring.. I haven't seen the mop on tv yet ..and I obviously missed it on their web site video.. I am sure many on here appreciate it and will be waiting to hear from you..

I think you will end up ordering more pads..they do get dirty fast so it's good to have more..maybe wait and see how yo like the mop first, if it's a 'keeper' then I would order the extra ones.. good thing you didn't express ship..doesn't come any faster.. the extra money is better in your pocket..let me know when you get it..I can't wait to hear! Ree

victorian227..you are so welcome! your house is really beautiful! You did a great job! Love it!
    The laundry detergent is called 'Seventh' Generation..(I get it at Target)..they have a great web site with lots of info on their products, interesting! You can down load coupons (1.00 off) while you are at target, don't forget the Borax and white vinegar..lol! I would lik eto try RAM..as long as there isn't harmful chemicals..doesn't look like there is..if you get tired of spending that kind of money , you have to try the steamer and micro fiber cloth..it truly is unbelievable how clean and streak free your windows, mirrors and glass are..I buzz through the house in no time...you can get the scunci on line, you will be able to get it for sure. How is your search going for lace panels? Check Penny's? keep me posted! Ree

• gmc2006
    16 years ago

Does anyone know how much water the shark mop holds and how long the steam lasts?

• daffofils27690
    16 years ago

I JUST CALLLED THE 800# AND GUESS WHAT? I WAS ONE OF THE FIRST 500 TO CALL!!!!!! NOW TO WAIT FOR MOP TO ARRIVE. K

• luvmypets
    16 years ago

OK ladies, looking for microfiber cloths, there are many to choose from. Please help me again, which ones and where to buy?? Do love this site!

• ninos
    16 years ago

A question for those of you that already have the Shark mop. How many days did it take to arrive? I leave on Saturday for our family vacation and i was considering ordering the mop before we go. We will be gone 8 days.

• luvmypets
    16 years ago

I just tracked my delivery coming today! If anyone is interested in checking it out again the address is SterlingTime.com

• victorian227
    Original Author
    16 years ago

luvmypets

I found the micro fiber cloths at Target. I admit I was a little confused because they had several to choose from. I bought a general cleaning one and one for the windows. So far I have used the window cloth on my glass stove top. It does take off any residue or hazing left behind from the cleaner I use on it. I haven't tried the other one yet. They cost about $3.00 a piece.

• partyofsix
    16 years ago

I bought a huge package of large microfiber cloths from Sam's Club. I don't remember how much they were. They are light blue and there were about 30 or so in the package. I use them for everything!

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    16 years ago

I was helping a friend do some research on which brand of steam mop to purchase and found this thread on this forum. I have read all of it and enjoyed all you so much I had to join the forums!
    And I may have to get one of the steam mops for my self now too LOL.

I mentioned to my friend about the scuni hand held and she found one on this link that comes with an attachment kit that includes a floor attachment.
    http://www.thebuzzelectronics.com/item.asp?item_id=139238&refid=1015
    however it does not look very substantial to be used as the primary steam mop. But for those looking for the Scuni handheld this may be a better buy.

In my research to help my friend I came across several reviews for the Mira Bell which someone had asked about and the reviews were dreadful. Here is that link
    http://home-solutions.hsn.com/mira-bella-850-watt-steam-mop-with-15-power-cord_pf-272720_xp.aspx?club_id=272720&sz=888&sf=HW0084&rdr=1&cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engine--NexTag--Home%20Solutions%20-_-Mira%20Bella%20850-Watt%20Steam%20Mop%20with%2015'%20Power%20Cord%20Item:%20272720

I have gone to mostly all tile in my house and it sure is sounding like this steam mop would be a good cleaner. I really want to try to keep the grout clean so does this really get the grout clean?
    I have only used very hot water and vinegar on my tile since that is what was recommended by the manufacturer and it definitely works well for keeping the tile clean.
    If you chose to add say vinegar to this steam cleaner could you do that?

I have a cleaning lady that comes every 2 weeks and she is old fashioned and only wants to use the hot water with vinegar and mop method but I was thinking for my own in between cleanings this might be an easy way to go. Do you have to vacuum prior to using it?

thanks to all of you for helping me find such a nice forum!

• victorian227
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ravencajun
    Welcome to the forum, I found my way here looking for a steam mop also. You will find some delightful people here.

I put in a tile floor in my kitchen two years ago. The company that did it never told me I had to do the sealing so it never got done. I had Stanley Steamer come in and clean the floor, it came out beautiful, & they sealed the grout too (expensive though!).
    I ordered the Shark Steam Mop because I am hoping it will help keep the grout clean. I have used vinegar and water and also simple green seems to work too. I am getting some darker spots (where the dog lays) that I hope the steamer will take out. Yes, from what I have read you do have to vacuum before using the steamer. Good Luck choosing one, as soon as I get mine I will give an update.

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

ravencajun
    Welcome!!! Glad you found us! Lots of great people here!
    I can only speak for the Shark steam mop..it will steam your grout for sure. It has a micro fiber cleaning pad which picks up the dirt wonderfully! (I am usually shocked how much dirt comes off the floors..yuck!) You can not add anything to the mop except water. You will see you don't need any other cleaner, the steam is powerful and hot.(maybe if you decide to get one, your cleaning lady would love it..she will throw the mop and bucket right out the window..lol)

I also have the scunci hand held and love it! had it for 3-4 years now and never had a problem..there are some pretty bad reviews , and some really good ones.. but I can't say anything bad about mine. I clean almost everything with it..it's fast and easy. (great for bathrooms..)
    Enjoy the forum!!
    Ree

• luvmypets
    16 years ago

hello, sad to say, but I do not like the steam mop or the hand held steamer I have a 1yr. warranty so I may keep it until I get the shark one!

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    16 years ago

I am sorry the link I put in caused the page to get so wide I had no idea it would do that. I would go in and edit it but I do not see an edit button??

Sorry!!

And thanks for the welcome!

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    16 years ago

Victorian227
    my tile guy did tell me to seal the grout immediately and I was glad he did, I had him do that to all the grout lines everywhere. It was costly and man it smelled strong but it was definitely worth it. I know I will need to reseal it again at some point. The tile was not the type that needed to be sealed just the grout. I love having tile instead of carpet, it is so much better for my allergies and asthma!

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

luvmypets
    oh I am so sorry you are unhappy with your new mop! What is it you don't like about it? Be careful..a one year warrantee may not mean there is no time limit where you can get a full refund, I would check before you hold on to it for any lenght of time ..if you are really not happy with it, I would send it back right away..when you get your credit, then just order the Shark.. Ree

• victorian227
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ravencajun

I love my tile also. I especially love walking into the kitchen barefoot because the tile is so smooth and cool. I can't wait to get my steam mop and see how it works. I called customer service and they said it shipped on the 24th by USPS (snail mail) so it will probably be another week before I see it.

luvmypets

Sorry too that you are unhappy with your mop. Ree is right you better check and make sure when you can still get your money back.

• fern_avery
    16 years ago

Hi all,

I've been reading this thread with great interest. The Shark Steam Mop sounds wonderful! I love the idea of using no chemicals.

I have a question about the Scunci handheld steamer. While shopping online for it I see a red one and a blue one but can't tell if there's any difference in these models. Anyone know about this? Which one do you have?

Thank you!

• victorian227
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I made a new post for assembly problems with my new Shark. I still haven't figured out what to do with the extra piece. Never the less, the mop works fine without it. I love this mop. It makes the floor so clean and it was so easy. I just wanted to keep on cleaning with it. The floor dries almost instantly. It is very light weight and easy to use. Thanks for everyones good advice. Also, I ordered on Sept 20th and received it today the 29th. Customer service must be getting better.

• moemoe2007
    16 years ago

Hi Party of Six; It sounds like we have the same floor only different brands. Have you ordered the mop? I would love to know wht you thought of it on your floor?

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

Fern Avery
    Hi! I have the red scunci hand held..I didn't even know they had a blue one... I love mine, it works great, very powerful and hot..you'll enjoy cleaning with one if you decide to order it..let us know!
    Ree

victorian227..I answered you on your new post! Glad to see you love it!!!!! happy cleaning!
    Ree

• justgrits1
    16 years ago

I was researching reviews on the shark steam mop and happened upon this site, and let me just say - wow - what a wealth of information from just one thread - thank you all. I just had a couple of questions that I did not see anyone address in all the correspondence. First of all, how does it clean in those tight places, i.e. behind toilets and between walls and appliances? Also, Ree - I have been giving due consideration to purchasing a Floormate as well - everyone that I have spoken with has been very happy with theirs, but I am curious as to why you feel you would need the steamer in addition to the floormate - and also, do you have the floormate with the attachments or without - just curious -

• Terri
    16 years ago

Wow I haven't been able to check back since my original post and you guys have been busy!! lol My "replace bedroom floors" project and mushroomed into a whole kitchen remodel, so it's been crazy around here. And we haven't started the kitchen part yet, just trying to decide what to do it nuts!

I haven't ordered a mop yet, I'm afraid to try it on my new laminate. Man this stuff streaks like crazy and I'm already tired of that part. But maybe when the drywall dust is gone (will it ever be gone????) they will look better.

And reeree what a great idea about contacting the mfg. Never thought about that, will do it tomorrow. But I do have tile also, and even tho it will be replaced I want something to keep the new tile from getting grungy like the old stuff is. So I think I'm ordering it today :) with me luck lol.

Now a question about the handheld. Let's take the shower for instance, do you just hold the nozzle close and then wipe off with a microfiber rag? (which btw I got mine at Target in the auto section, a pack of 20 for 12.99 or 14.99. much cheaper than in the cleaning dept and they work great!) I'm just a little confused about how the handhelds are used.

Terri

• fern_avery
    16 years ago

Thanks, Ree! I just ordered it and cannot wait for it to arrive! The kid includes a floor attachment so I'm anxious to try that, too. I suspect it won't be as convenient to use as the Shark mop meant for floors but it will give me a chance to try steam cleaning the floor before I buy the mop.
    Thanks so much for all of the great info you've posted. I'm really looking forward to cleaning with steam and without chemicals.

Fern

• victorian227
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok, I am totally convinced that I bought the right mop. The Shark Steam Mop that is. I took it over to my daughter's house today. She has new laminate floors in her whole downstairs and a new puppy! The steam mop did a beautiful job and cleaning time was in half. No streaks and dried right away. I'm on my way to order one for her.

Ree: Thank you for the update on the extra part. Have you ever used it for rugs? It never said a word in the instructions about that part.

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

Justgrits1
    Hi! Welcome to the world of steam..lol I have had the hoover floormate for years as well..I have to say I have been through a few already, but the newest one is very good (improved, it's the white and green one, mine does not have extra attachments..never seen a floormate with them ..??? ) I use it about once a week..I have a lot of wood floors and it seems to get everything out in between the planks, especially in the kitchen..I think it's a great floor machine..when you see how dirty the water is , your mouth drops! I do not use their floor cleaner, I use a little vinegar and very hot water. I have different methods of cleaning, which brings me to the steam mop..love that too! It's fast and efficient and makes your floors really clean. Much faster than the floormate, so it makes life easier to have one.. you can only clean where the mop will fit..can't really get it into tight places. I use my hand held for that. I also have the Oreck orbiter..do not like it at all..so after paying 500 dollars, it has been sitting in my closet. (I must sound nuts..lol) let us know what you decide to buy!
    Ree

Terrio826
    hang in there with all your renovations! You will love it when it is all finished! nothing like brand new, you will enjoy it!!! victorian227 just posted she tried it on her daughters laminate flooring and said it worked great! partyofsix pointed out that flooring manufacturers don't test the steam mop on their flooring, so they might go against it..??? I thought that was a good point. If others try it on theirs, I would be safe to say it's safe..they do say on their web page it is..I am sure the Shark company tested on all types of flooring..I would give it a try! The hand held is wonderful! You just blast a surface with steam and wipe..so fast and easy and everything is really clean due to the hot steam and the micro fiber clothes. In the bathroom, I steam everything..out side of toilet, the seat, sink, handles and mirrors ..I actually can do the bathroom in 5 minutes ..now the shower glass on the inside, I use a wet brillo pad..works wonderful..( I do it after I take my shower and bring in a plastic container..I wash the glass, then fill the container with hot water and rinse..the out side of the doors I use the steamer..glass comes out crystal clear. I also use the hand held and micro fiber cloth on my stainless steel, windows, mirrors, counter tops..geezz..the list is never ending.. I highly recommend it! keep me posted! Ree

Fern
    congrats! I am excited for you ..you will love cleaning with steam! (then you can order the mop :) let me know when you get it!!! Ree

Victorian227
    I am SO happy you love it!!!!!! I think the others on here who have laminate will really appreciate your "testing" and reassurance! That was a great help as I do not think anyone else has tried it yet. more steamers to join us?? (smile) no- I have not tried it on carpet yet..the only two rooms of carpet we have in the house are both brand new.. I am not even sure how it attaches, didn't look into it...I didn't see instructions either.. we were one of the "lucky" 500 who got it..lol! Ree

• partyofsix
    16 years ago

Victoria227 I'm so glad you got your Shark Mop in 9 days!! That means I should get mine by Wednesday!! Yipee!! My floors are gettin' good and dirty awaiting it's arrival :-) I am so glad you love it. Thanks for the report on the laminate. That makes me even more anxious to get mine.

MoeMoe and Terri0826 -I will let you know the day I get it and how it does on my wood laminate (hopefully Wednesday Oct 3). I am glad I'm not the only one who has a problem with streaky laminate. It sounds like from Victorian227 that the Shark will steam those streaks away!!

JustGrits The Hoover Floormate left my laminate floors so streaky that I threw mine out. I should've passed it on to you. HA! Mine did not have attachments though. Ree likes hers on the "real wood" floors though so you might love it if you have wood or tile!! I just would not recommend it with laminate.

• victorian227
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Party of Six,

Yes, mine came fast, I hope yours does too.

My daughter's floors are a dark redwood color and show everything. The looked great when she was just using vinegar and water. Then her cleaning lady started using some sort of a dry compound on them which left a residue. Before she left you could see her footsteps on the floors. We used the steamer and got up all that residue. The thing about this steamer is that it dries so quickly. I think people are worried that the steam is going to loosen the floor. Actually, when a standard mop and bucket are used there is more water on the floor then. Also, it took a lot less time to clean.

Hint: Shorter strokes create more steam.

• germfreak
    16 years ago

Hi-I'm just another person who came across this forum looking for info on the shark steam mop. I'm frustrated as I ordered mine on the 11th of Sept and have yet to receive it! I called and got the tracking number (thanks whoever it was that posted the number..sorry I don't remember who it was and there are way too many posts to go back). Anyway, it just got to my post office today so I'm hoping it gets here tomorrow but who knows. I know when I ordered it they said delivery in 2-3 weeks but I was really wishing it wouldn't take that long. Now I see, some of you got yours super fast, others took a little longer. It's so hard to be patient. I had the older model Bissell steam mop but it died on me and by then it was discontinued. I was heartbroken, I loved washing my floors with steam. I was so excited when I saw this one on tv and told my husband, I'm getting that mop!! By the way, for those that were wondering about steam mopping laminate flooring, my entire house is laminate and ceramic tile and the steam mop worked wonders on both surfaces. So good, as a matter of fact that I just CAN'T WAIT for my new steam mop to get here!! It's been a lot of fun reading what all of you ladies have to say. You're such a nice, helpful group of people.

Waiting impatiently..

• Terri
    16 years ago

Well I got a reply back from Dupont (and very quickly I might add!)

Thank you for choosing DuPont Real Touch Elite laminate flooring for your home. We do not recommend a steam cleaner or mop. This would void the warranty. We recommend cleaning our laminate with a window cleaner as the floor has a mirrored finish. If the floor has been properly installed the seams seal and water will not penetrate the seams. We also recommend a slightly damp sponge mop and plain warm water for dust or spot removal. For more difficult stains like markers or shoe polish, apply diluted acetone (nail polish remover) to a cloth and wipe the spot away. (Never apply acetone or other solvents directly on the flooring.) Even though our flooring seals against water penetration, the finish needs to be maintained by our recommended cleaning methods to be covered by the warranty.

I think that maybe you all are right, they just haven't tested the flooring with a steam mop and don't really know, therefore they say not to. Gotta CYA ya know!

I think I'm going to order it anyway and if nothing else use it on my tile kitchen, dining area and 2 bathrooms. Hopefully mine won't take as long to get here as germfreak's is!

Terri

• bestyears
    16 years ago

Well I finally got my Bissell steam mop! It does a super job! It's like someone else wrote, the floors are just really, really clean. Lots of praises- lots of steam. I did my dining room, foyer and kitchen and never had to refill the tank. I like that it has the filter because we have terrible tap water (very hard). Only two complaints: the cord is shorter than I would like, and holding down the trigger does not seem to be an ergonomically well-designed function, so that my finger is quite sore at the end of a couple of rooms. I'm wondering if I should order the shark steam mop just to see which is better? Thoughts?
    Lynn

• partyofsix
    16 years ago

Victorian227
    My floor is dark too so I should love it!! That is exactly what I was thinking. It only holds what is it, 8 oz of water and that does an entire floor? There is no way that would be enough water to get into the wood slats and do damage. And doing a better job in less time is music to my ears!!

Germfreak- Sept 11th. Ugggg I am sorry you have had to wait so long. I am really counting on mine coming as quickly as victorian's. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

terri - interesting what Dupont said but that is what I would expect. I agree with you, I'm using it on mine anyway. Like I said it is way less water than you would use mopping normally. Maybe it is the heat that might damage the finish. But that is one thing that sold us on laminate rather than real wood is the non-destructable finish. You cannot dent that stuff. So I still think we're safe.

Lynn we have very hard water too. The Shark suggests using distilled water if your tap water is hard. Glad you like yours. Good luck with the sore finger. Ha!

• livvysmom
    16 years ago

I am enjoying reading the experiences people are having with this mop.

Anyone interested and starting a new thread about it? -- the scrolling to the right is driving me crazy.

• victorian227
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Livvysmom;

We can start a new post although I'm not sure why you are having to scroll to the right. What kind of computer are your using? Let's try a new post and see if it helps.

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

germfreak
    welcome! Can't wait to hear how you like the Shark! It is really taking a long time to come..geez! Sept. 11th? It sounds as if they are back ordered..probably from everyone on here..LOL!!! Hang in there..let us know when you get it..and how you like it compared to your old bissell... Ree

bestyears
    how are you making out with the bissell? have you used it since? I don't know if I would like the trigger my self, it was an adjustment for me just getting use to the new shark..the first one was much different and I really loved it.. I like the continuous steam much better..the new shark is a great mop, powerful, hot and really cleans the floors, but it comes out as your pushing forward..I am still getting use to it. For all the ladies on here who bought it for the first time, it's the only way they will know..so it is much easier for them... I am an "old time steamer" and technology has changed ;) Let us know how you are making out! Ree

Terio..I think you will be just fine with the mop on your floors..Dupont cracks me up..you can use acetone and window cleaner..that won't hurt the shine..but steam will? Crazy..enjoy your mop..you will be A-OK! Ree

• mailstrunk_yahoo_com
    16 years ago

I just got my Shark Steam Mop in the mail today, and I like it. Pros: It gets the floors cleaner than a regular mop or the Swiffer Wetjet; it's lightweight and has no heavy bucket of water to deal with; the cord is a decent length; and the pads are reusable (and all that gunk washes off even on the cold cycle with Tide Coldwater!). The cons: It takes a bit of muscle to push (did anyone else notice this?), I suppose because the pad is gliding on steam, not water; and you can't use fabric softener (it'll leave a coating on the pad) when washing the pads, so no throwing them in with most washables. The 8 oz. tank of water cleans a good-sized area, and it takes only 30 seconds to heat up. So it's not perfect, but overall I'm happy with it. I also chose rush-order shipping and received mine in 6 days, for those who are curious about that option.

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

mailstrunk
    yes..it great on cleaning for sure..I found it was hard to push also..I had the first shark and it was very different than this new one..the old one didn't have micro fiber pads, so it was easier to push..I think it's due to the pad..but the bright side is..it really gets the dirt up much better than the cotton cloths it once had..(it still beats a mop and bucket..) I hope you really enjoy it! Come join us on the new thread " steam mop" See ya there! Ree

• chickadeead
    16 years ago

Here is a review of the H2O mop that our local consumer reporter did. They weren't very impressed(but this isn't exactly scientific either).

http://www.nbc4.com/consumer/14516488/detail.html

• chickadeead
    16 years ago

Sorry . . . I should have put the link in the proper place.

Here is a link that might be useful: Consumer Report

• balego_gw
    16 years ago

I thought I would chime in here, as I have been following these threads after seeing an infomercial on the H20 mop, and being curious, decided to try to find some reviews.

I hadnt decided on which mop to purchase (still havent, actually), but was hoping to find at least some good reviews on the H20. I havent as yet. The Sharp sounds good according to most people here, and I can pick one up at Canadian Tire should I choose that one.

However, I did find a used Bissell last week on our local craiglist type site, and I got it for $10. I figured for that price, if I didnt like it, I could simply toss it out.
    The downside of this mop, being a used one, is that the two pads have holes in them so would need replacements soon. The filter smells musty so would also need replacing. That would cost $35 plus tax.

In using the mop I did find that it leaves more water on the floor than I would like. This isnt a problem on my ceramic, but I dont think it's very good for all my hardwood. Dries fairly quickly, but still.....

As for cleaning.. although my floors weren't overly dirty as I clean them daily with a Costco cloth mop and bleach (I have three dogs), the pads didnt come up too dirty, but my floors did look a lot cleaner and with a nice sheen. This is especially true of the hardwood. No streaking whatsoever and just a nice soft shine left. My master bath has black shiny tiles, and the Bissell cleaned tehm beautifully.. not a watermark or streak anywhere. I was never able to achieve this before unless I got down on hands and knees and polished them with a clean towel.. something I wasnt too keen on doing every week.

So.. I am still undecided. Should I get a Sharp, or is wetness an issue too? Should I get the new model of the Bissell (which is supposed to be improved), or will it work the same as this older one? How often do the pads and filter need replacing?

The pads are very soggy after use, and I have to toss them in the wash daily. I have used this mop every day since getting it last weekend, and do prefer it to a regular mop as far as how it leaves my floors looking, and ease of use. I just dont care for the wetness left behind and wonder if this happens with most steam mop brands.

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

I can only speak for the Shark..but people who have the new bissell is happy too! My floors are not "wet" and the pads are never soggy wet. The steam is so hot and powerful.. so it doesn't make the floors and pads wet and soggy. I doubt the new bissell has problems like the old one.. no one has complained.... hope this helps a little...you will like a new mop much better than the one you bought..they just make them so much better than they use to...Ree

• lindalouwho_2007
    16 years ago

WOW,I just spent about an hour reading every post! I have to admit you ladies are great at giving details. I am wanting to purchase a floor steam cleaner but an very leary of the shark due to the CS issues. So I'm hoping you can answer a couple more questions concerning the product so I can finally make my choice. One, does the sharks head swivel? I saw that the bissells does (++ for that) but on HSN I ask saw some very bad reveiws for it. Two, how does the shark do for corners? Does it leave dirt behind or does it leave streaks? I am looking forward to your respones.

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

lindalouwho_2007
    Hi! The shark mop does not swivel..but I never had a problem maneuvering it. I actually love mine. I had the first shark mop, loved that one also.. CS is a problem for some, but not all. They don't make the mop, they just answer the phones (thank goodness) I wouldn't let that hold you back from getting one. They also sell them in many stores now and on line..Target, sears..best buy etc.

you have to vacuum before you use it, it cleans the floors great, you'll be surprised how dirty your pad is! It does not streak the floors, it is only hot steam..if you do get streaking, it's not from the mop, it's from the chemical residue left behind from the cleaners that were used and may take a few times to remove it all..but once that is accomplished , you have squeaky clean floors..nothing like it..just really really clean. I hope this helped..if you have any more questions, feel free to ask! Ree

• dgomez
    16 years ago

Hi, I'm new here and read your notes on various steam mops. I am interested in the H2O Mop..you know, the triangular shaped with Microfiber Cloth Pads. It just looks too good to be true. I've read that it doesn't leave your floors nice and dry as advertised. Is this true has anyone used it? Which steam mop works best? Thanks for your advise!!!

• becky2008
    15 years ago

The thing about all of the floor mops out there is that they're not really "steam" cleaners. They have a hot plate that hot water is shot into, which creates the steam. A real steam cleaner starts around $150 and goes up and up from there.

QVC has cheaper model, and a company called 1800govapor.com offers some expensive Italian-made ones.
    Bottom line is a steam mop is a replacement for your mop. Its no miracle machine, but it will clean your floors equally, if not better than a mop and bucket. If youÂre looking to get a real steam cleaner youÂre gonna have to spend a little more. You get what you pay for.

• jtpayne
    15 years ago

Has anyone tried the HAAN steam mop brands?