Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning stainless pot marks from sink

Posted by dchall_san_antonio (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 6, 06 at 9:28

I've used Comet for years on my sink. After reading here, is there another way to get stainless steel pot marks off?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning stainless pot marks from sink

I like Bar Keeper's Friend.

o

I find they come off very well with a microfiber cloth or a Mr. Clean Magic Sponge.

Gloria

o

I'm not looking for another abrasive cleaner. Comet works well at this. I got the impression from reading other comments that there are things to use that will not damage the surface of the ceramic over the years. For example regular Clorox removes veggie stains. What takes the steel marks off?

o

Wenol metal cleaner will work for your sink. It is non-abrasive.

I've used it on vintage pottery and it was wonderful. Vintage car owners use one variety for the chrome on their cars.

Per the Russel Wright guru this would be a first choice to remove metal marks.....Corelle stovetop cleaner a second.

Check that auction site if you can't find any locally. It goes a long way too.

HTH,
wing

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here