Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Light fixture in foyer

Posted by anita55 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 30, 09 at 8:42

Hello all, wow, there is a forum for EVERYTHING and anything you want to talk about! Wonderful!

I have light fixture in my 2 story foyer. I would call it a pendant type with lights inside that look like candles. It's closed on the top and open on the bottom. Can you picture what i'm describing? Anyway, I've tried the chandelier type spray that you spray on and it's supposed to just drip clean. It didn't clean to my satisfaction. Do you have product and technique suggestions for this type of fixture? My husband and I are both short and even standing on a step we can't reach to even change a lightbulb. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Light fixture in foyer

This is how I did it in a previous house. I dragged the kitchen or dining room table into the foyer and under the chandelier. Then I placed a pad and cover on the tabletop. Then I placed the ladder on the table and a chair next to the table. I stood on the chair, then stepped to the table, then climbed up the ladder. (I only did this when my husband wasn't around because he would have gone bonkers if he had seen me do it.)

o

Oh my! I could probably try that. My husband would help me. Thanks.

o

Buy or borrow a taller ladder...it's safer! I have an 8 foot step ladder in the garage.
Linda c

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here