Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pine Sap on Jeans

Posted by daisymc (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 17, 08 at 8:13

Anyone know how to remove pine sap from the backside of jeans? Husband sat on a log while building our house yesterday, pine sap went through all the way to his underware. Dont want to spend a lot of time on it, will just throw them away, but we have a lot more logs to stack so this will probably be an ongoing problem. Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pine Sap on Jeans

I've never had any luck gettoing out pinesap. Designate these jeans for jobs like painting or other outdoor work. They're stained already,just let them go.

o

use a solvent...like paint thinner or even perhaps orange glow...soak thes tain in that if it's dried....best to get at it while it's soft.
Linda c

o

Guess what? I used hand sanitizer and it took it all out, thanks for everyones help.

o

Try Laquer thinner. My son sat in tree sap in his ball pants. I forgot to buy a new pair. Told my husband (like Tim the tool time Tanner) to just paint over the stain before the game. (No time to go to store.) When I arrived at the game I noticed he did a great job. Was told he got the stain out! How, I asked, Laquer Thinner he replied. I started yelling "Don't slide" too late he slid in to home. I just knew the pants would rip right off him. Much to my amaisement they were fine. All the parents started using laquer thinner to clean their childrens pants! Works well on carpet too. We have been using it for years. Give it a try. Everyone tells my husband he should be a laquer thinner salesman. He uses it for everything. Even cleans cuts. Burns like H--- but takes the soreness out. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here