Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning Bathtubs

Posted by southerngal25 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 24, 10 at 7:39

Does anyone know of or use a product with a swivel base that will clean a bath tub without getting on your hands and knees(similar to a mop)? What is it called and where available? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning Bathtubs

U can find what U R looking for at www.shophometrends.com Click on bathroom on the left side and it it called the TNT Scrubber.

o

I've seen something like that sold at Target in the area where they sell the brooms and mops.

o

This is a great one from Casabella (they make some really good cleaning products).

Here is a link that might be useful: Flex Neck Scrubber

o

i want to find one of those sounds like a great idea

o

I use a Mr. Clean telescoping bathroom scrubber. Bought it at the Dollar Store for about $6. It was well worth it because now I can scrub my corner gardentub without climbing in. Cheap, easy and changable heads when one gets worn.

o

I find that whatever coats my tub is not soap scum, and the spray on cleaners just dom't get it off. I have to use some Comet or Bar Keeper's Friend cleanser and rub hard and long to get the sparkling shine that is there under the buildup. I think it is the hair conditioners that have a wax to coat hair and make it "managable".

o

Thanks all; now I'll just need to decide which one I'll try.

o

The easiest way to clean a bath tub is to give that chore to your husband!!

o

this is for nerdyshopper:
I have found a great way to get rid of that dark color in the tub. This may sound strange, but use good shampoo. Rusk or paul mitchell, something without the wax. I washed my tub with a layer of it and left it on over night and rinsed it the next day and it looks great. I Have also used the magic eraser and that also works good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here