Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Natural Cleaning Proudcts

Posted by MathewL (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 15, 11 at 5:45

Hello There, is there any good natural/Eco friendly cleaning product for kitchen & Floor Cleaning?
Thanks in advance..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Natural Cleaning Proudcts

My absolute favorite for floor cleaning (among many other uses) is Shaklee Basic H2.

http://www.shaklee.com/products.php?sku=00015

I use it on my tiles, hardwood and laminate. It is neutral PH which is good for your floors and it is the only thing I've ever used on my tiles that won't leave a film or streaks.

I also use Bona on my hardwood and laminate. Is Greengaurd certified and works very well. I have the spray mop made by them that makes hardwood/laminate floor cleaning so much easier.

Use products that are specifically made for hardwood floors to avoid damaging your floor with products like vinegar and water or oil soaps.

When you say kitchen - what exactly are you wanting to clean? General cleaning of the kitchen (counters etc)?

Here is a link that might be useful: Bona Floor Mop

o

See link below for several good threads covering "Natural Cleaning Products".

Here is a link that might be useful: Forum search results for Natural Cleaning Products

o

I have been using "Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day" Dish soap and all-purpose cleaner for about a year now and love it! They have some great scents( basil, geranium,etc.) that dont give me a headache. While a bit pricey a little goes a long way. plus amazon sells it.
Also if your cleaning a lamitate floor the best thing i found is to just sprinkle a little Borax in some very hot water mop and rinse leave the floor super shiny.
Hope this helps.

o

Vinegar and baking soda are universally popular and effective Eco friendly cleaning items. You can try them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here