Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ltwt. bagged canister-HEPA-sealed-Electrolux or Eureka?

Posted by phylrae (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 15, 10 at 3:23

I'm leaning now towards a LIGHTWEIGHT (10-12 lb) BAGGED canister that has HEPA filtration and is "sealed"....but would like one where I could get the bags @ Walmart/Target if possible....for mostly bare floors/upholstery/blinds/drapes/ceilings.....guess I need telescoping wand....would love cord rewind but not necessary....in the $200-400 range max.

I have considered the Electrolux Ergospace Green (or Ultra Silencer-one site says they are the same cleaner?) or the Eureka Sanitaire S3686E (says it's sealed)...any other recommendations? Mostly deal with dust/human hair on bare floors & stairs.....

Thanks!
Phyl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ltwt. bagged canister-HEPA-sealed-Electrolux or Eureka?

To the best of my knowledge, the two vacuum cleaners you are leaning towards do not have a "sealed" system. A sealed system feature is usually on higher end models of a brand like the Electrolux UltraOne, Oxygen or Oxygen3 Ultra.

I would be curious to know why you must have a sealed system. Do you have really bad allergies? What brand and model are you presently using and is the filtration not enough for you? There are different levels of allergic reactions people have. What may be fine for me, may be worse for you.

Vacuum cleaner design and filtration has evolved over the years. That Mighty Mite can filter much better than the Mighty Mite from 20+yrs. ago, if used with a microlined paper bag and exhaust filter.

You will have a hard time finding the two style vacuum cleaner bags at a Walmart or Target. These stores usually only stock supplies for brands and models they currently sell. The Mighty Mite "MM" style bags will be the easiest to find, since it has been around the longest. The Ergospace will be the quieter of the two vacuum cleaners.

o
RE: Ltwt. bagged canister-HEPA-sealed-Electrolux or Eureka?

Thanks for responding....no, I didn't really need a sealed vac I guess...just needed something lightweight so I would actually vacuum more often! I ended up getting the Dyson DC24 All Floors (yellow ball) on sale & really enjoy using it, as does my 21 yo daughter!
:0) Phyl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here