Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help cleaning vinyl floor

Posted by blackcats13 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 6, 08 at 0:34

Our kitchen floor in our new to us house has, like the rest of the kitchen, built up dirt/grease. We had someone clean it before we moved in. It's still sticky. Personally, I think if I could get down on my hands and knees and give it a really good scrubbing I could get it clean. The problem is that I can't. And no more $$ for paying someone to do it for me either. Am I stuck wearing shoes or is there something I haven't thought of?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help cleaning vinyl floor

I bought a Shark steam mop and I'm sold. I think the Shark could conquer the dirt and grease, but it would take more than once. Nice thing about the Shark is that you do it all from a standing position. Pads are washable and reusable, but I'd get at least two.

o

This may sound unorthodox, but have you tried Scrubbing Bubbles & a mop? SB works great on our floors, one is Flexitec vinyl & one is just stick on tile, hasn't hurt either. I actually get on my hands & knees to do this, but since you can't, I would suspect a mop would work too. You do have to rinse w/ clean water afterward, but it will be worth the effort. You may also look into some kind of degreaser... Not sure of the effect of this on flooring though.

Hope this helps,
Mc_Hudd :)

o

Try Krud Cutter from Home Depot. Nothing works better I promise!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here