Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
little bugs

Posted by spicegirl_0101 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 30, 10 at 22:15

I'm finding these little bugs around my house. They are black, are smaller than a grain of rice, and have a very hard exterior.

Any thoughts on some names I can google to find out what they are?

Thanks!
sg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: little bugs

It sounds like you may have flour bugs. Go through your cupboards and check all your flour, rice and any grains or foodstuff like bread crumbs, bread, crackers and cereals.

Look on line and see what they look like. If it is them, You'd better get anything that is not contaminated in air tight containers and pitch what you think is doubtful

o

Here is a link to detail regarding different bugs that can invaid via the kitchen ... flour bugs being to most common.

Here is a link that might be useful: bugs in your cupboards

o

I think they may be red flour beetles. From what I read, red flour beetles can fly and confused flour beetles cannot fly.

Thanks!

o

Grab a couple of them and put in a jar so you can bring them to your local extermination company who can advise you what pesticide to use. A friend once got an infestation of flour beetles from a bag of flour. She had to empty all drawers and cabinets and pull all furniture from the walls so I could spray every nook and cranny of the apartment. I used Diazinon .5%, since banned.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here