Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jollyrd

car seat upholstery stains

jollyrd
10 years ago

I have fabric seats in the car, and they appear to have some old stains. They are old, not sure what the source/cause is. They are unsightly but I didn't mind them until I noticed -- If you spill little water on it, and sit - your clothes get stained. Which should mean that they are dissolvable, right? Does anyone have good solution to clean these?

Comments (2)

• grainlady_ks
    10 years ago

Purchase a can of upholstery cleaner (look in the laundry aids isle at Wal-Mart or your favorite grocery store) and spot treat it. If the stains are really old, it may take more than one application. The can I have looks like a tall can of air freshener with a brush on the top - BISSELL Fabric Upholstery Cleaner.

You can take it to a shop that details cars (cleans them inside and out) and they will clean your upholstery and every nook and cranny in your car, including shampooing the floors.

If you have a machine for shampooing carpets, you can also use it, but you will probably still need to pre-treat the stains.

-Grainlady

• violetwest
    10 years ago

just an unhelpful comment here: I have light colored fabric seats in my vehicle, and the front passenger seat was always getting dirty, because that's where I dumped my purse and all my junk. I kept trying carpet/upholstery cleaner, but I was never happy with the results.

Eventually I just bought a towel the same color beige as my upholstery and put that down on the seat. I just wash it whenever it gets dirty. it's slightly tacky, but not too bad, and I no longer am stressed about it.

This post was edited by Violet.West on Sat, Aug 24, 13 at 19:37