Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blood in carpet....right now

Posted by asolo (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 29, 11 at 19:53

Hope you'll forgive me for not searching.

Taking the three minutes I have right now to ask for advice.

99-year-young mom poked her shin by some means and left large blood-spots on synthetic carpet. I've kept the spots cold and wet before, during, after cold-water carpet-machine extraction. Didn't come all out. Tried a little Zout. Small improvement.

Don't know what to do. Keeping all cold and wet while I try to figure something out. Hoping for sympathy, forgiveness and suggestions.

Gotta go...sorry.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blood in carpet....right now

hydrogen peroxide is the recommended product for removing blood. You can buy it in any drug store.

o

HP...got it....will report back......thanks.

o

I would use sodium percarbonate so HP might do the trick.

Usually an enzyme type product will remove blood. Maybe you need to let the Zout sit a little longer.

BacOut from BioKleen would do it I'm sure.

Here is a link that might be useful: BioKleen BacOut

o
Be careful with HP ...

@asolo, be careful not to "bleach" the carpet with percarbonate or HP. I've done it before :)

o

OK...a little breathing-time, at last.

Thank you, graywings, for HP suggestion. I had some on-hand and let it sit on the spots for a minute or two before using machine again. Result VASTLY superior to anything tried before. Will have to wait until dry before final pronouncement but looking very good right now.

Thank you for quick response, graywings. You've made a very troublesome evening quite a bit better. Thanks, too, livebetter, for follow-ups. Pretty nice of you.

o

To make a "shampoo" that ges out organic stains including blood and anything from pets, etc, mix equal parts of water and hyrdogen peroxide, add a splash of Dawn dishwashing liquid. Make it in a big open container (I use a plastic pitcher) as it foams up and might explode a tightly-tapped container. Apply with a scrubbrush or pour on the stains, rub but don't damage the fibres of the carpet. Soak up with towels.

o
RE: Carpet shampoo

And if you make my carpet shampoo reciPe (above), don't store it . It only works when fresh. Throw out any you don't use. I'm mix a bottle of peroxide, a bottle of water and a squirt of Dawn, use it, discard any extra.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here