Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you recommend a light-weight vacuum?

Posted by tripletmom83 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 12 at 19:13

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive light-weight upright vacuum? I want a second vacuum to keep on the second floor so I won't have to drag my heavy cannister vac upstairs all the time. I would like it to be able to do carpets and hard surfaces, and to have a hose attachment with at least a crevice tool. And it would be great if it was on the small side.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you recommend a light-weight vacuum?

I got a Shark Navigator Lift Away that is not heavy.

o

The Bissel 3-in-1 vac has been a hero for my 2-bed apartment. It doesn't have a hose attachment, but does convert to a handheld, and has a crevice nozzle. Also very lightweight. My favorite part: less than $20!

o

I learned yrs ago from reading Don Aslett's book that canister vacs are a ball & chain. Since then I have only bought uprights & that was over 20 yrs ago. I too am looking for a new light weight full vacuum, but upright. I have a rechargable that I love for quick vacumming but for deep cleaning, I want a reg vac to replace my Panasonic which is now about 10+ yrs old. I live alone so don't want or need an expensive vacuum. just light weight. Thank you.

o

I am very happy that I did decide to purchase Bissell ProHeat 2x deep cleaner. I used it on pet stains or deep dirt stains. It got every bit of the stain out. It is more efficiently gear dirt and stains in our check and appear with some useful carillon and whistles.

o

Oreck vacuums have lots of power and are lightweight - you can get reconditioned units at Big Lots from time to time for $100.00 - no attachments though.

o

Ditto the oreck is wonderful, just be sure you if you have area rugs that they have a area pad under them...........

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here