Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shortyboom

Bissell Pet Hair Easer?

shortyboom
14 years ago

Does anyone have the Bissell Pet Hair Easer? What do you think of it? My husband won't let me spend $500+ on the Dyson Animal. Also, I heard that if your carpet gets torn by a Dyson vacuum cleaner, then the carpet company's warranty won't cover it.

TIA!

Comments (7)

• mustangs81
    14 years ago

The day my DH dictates what vacuum cleaner I can and can't buy is the day he takes over the vacuuming tasks. But that is irrelevant to your question. Check out these reviews to see if it helps with your decision.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Reviews

• eteinne
    14 years ago

I read the Pet Hair Eraser reviews and I agree that those pleated filters are a pain to clean. I had a bagless Hoover Wind Tunnel and gave it to my sister after 2 weeks. Why don't you go to the Bissell site and check out the Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vacuum. It has a washable filters and screens. I would then just order a second set of filters so you would not have to wait for the wet set to dry. It is just a thought.

• graywings123
    14 years ago

I heard that if your carpet gets torn by a Dyson vacuum cleaner, then the carpet company's warranty won't cover it.

You may want to call around to verify, but I have a feeling that carpet companies don't warrant their carpeting against being torn by ANY vacuum cleaner.

• maidinmontana
    14 years ago

I have a Lift-Off Revolution pet vacuum. I love it. . . I have two pugs who shed so much I can't understand why they aren't bald. . . they drop 100 hairs everytime the take a step I swear. I bought this about a year ago and love the heck out of it.

The first time I used it I was so amazed at how much "stuff" came up. I kept vacuuming until there was nothing in the canister. Now I vacuum every other day or so and I get a lot of hair etc but at least it's in the canister not in the carpet. I can't say enough good about it. When I'm done vacuuming, I empty and wash the canister as well as the foam filter and corrigated filter, that way it's ready when I go to use it the next time.

I also like that the canister 'lifts off' I use it in the bathroom where the upright won't fit. I bought the floor attachment seperatley and never use a broom, I suck up the hair instead of flinging it all over.

The ONLY complaint is I can't buy the belts or filters locally even at the store I bought the vacuum from, I have to order them on line.

• geguymw
    14 years ago

Some carpet mills will not honor a warranty if a Dyson is used, that is true.

The Bissell Eraser will clean carpets. I believe the flip-down pet hair device is a waste, since the hair is going into the vacuum cleaner anyway. The vacuum's brushroll does a good job of picking up hair and other debris.

I would suggest that if you really want a Bissell, why not look at the Bissell Heavy Duty. It uses multi cyclones instead of one. Multicyclones are closer to the Dyson. The Heavy Duty also has a "lifetime" belt, so you will not have to change it every year.

• graywings123
    14 years ago

Some carpet mills will not honor a warranty if a Dyson is used, that is true.

I tried to track this rumor down once before when I read it on a forum - maybe here. Which carpet mills have that policy, geguymw?

• graywings123
    14 years ago

Oh, this time I found it doing a google search. Unique Carpets, Ltd of California.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner