Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maimie_gw

Automatic Scrubbing Bubbles Contraption

maimie
15 years ago

Hi All, Has anyone tried this? I'm sure there are other postings but I can't find one. I'm thinking of buying one because I'm basically lazy when I get out of the shower as in I don't want to start wiping, or using a squeegie, etc. I'm usually getting ready for work so pushing a button and having "all those maids" appear to do the cleaning appeals to me if it works. Comments? Thank you in advance.

Comments (11)

• cocontom
    15 years ago

My mom has one- she said it doesn't get the shower clean, or keep the shower clean, but that it did make it really easy to clean. They have ridiculously hard water.

• shelayne
    15 years ago

We have one in just one of our showers--the one with the most "traffic". I think it has been very helpful. I used to have to do the major "get down on my hands and knees" with bleach, etc. to scrub that shower once a week. Since I installed that little wonder several months ago, I find that I only have to do that hands & knees thing once a month.

Obviously, it does not clean it spotlessly, but it definitely extends the time between the heavy-duty cleaning, and then it isn't even that bad. I spend much less time on that shower than I used to. It probably helps that the shower is only a few years old, so it doesn't have years of invisible layers of yuck. The real test has been this summer when all my boys (including Hubby) come in from doing "boy stuff" and leave their trail of filth in there.

We do not have problems with hard water, so I cannot attest to how it works with that, but so far I like it. In fact, I just bought a twin pack refill tonight.:^)

• maryh1234
    15 years ago

I have the same experience as shelayne. It doesn't mean I NEVER have to clean the shower again, but I can go a long, long time between cleaning. I've had mine about 2 years.

We have very soft water and I've wondered if water hardness might account for the vastly differing opinions on this item.

• maimie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks to all who responded. I will buy one tomorrow, ($22.99 w/2 refills at K-Mart) since I do not have hard water and will steam clean the shower stall today so it's nice and clean when I install. I'll let you know how is works for me! Thanks again!

• maimie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi All, Just fyi, I think I love this thing! I bought it at local supermarket for $19.99 & happily push that button once a day. I started w/a really clean shower stall & I swear it looks cleaner than when I started. I've had it for about 3 wks now & I'm pretty happy w/it. I live alone & I figured for $20 & 2 containers, I was worth it! I could be hooked since it's easy to install & seems to do a great job! Again, do not have hard water & live alone.

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

We love ours too. It was always a problem with the hardwater--would get so bad the glass door looked all spotted no matter what I scrubbed it with. Now the glass is nearly all clear except at the top and near the edges where the spray may not hit as well. Best investment I ever made. Only drawback is that I do not care for the smell of it--but I'll live with that for the convenience. Luvs

• jannie
    15 years ago

I want to buy one, now. I'm worried about the smell, as I have allergies. I'll let you know what happens.

• terezosa / terriks
    15 years ago

I want to buy one, now. I'm worried about the smell, as I have allergies. I'll let you know what happens.

There is a delay between pushing the button and when the device starts spraying, so you could push the button then leave the bathroom and close the door before it starts.

I put one in my son's bathroom, but unfortunately he is too lazy to even push the button half the time!

• denali2007
    15 years ago

I have one too and of course was skeptical. It helps with not having to scrub too often. After I ran out of refills I just reloaded with white vinegar and water. Then put in a few drops of essential oils. Pick your own scent. Much cheaper.

• maimie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am writing again to say I LOVE this thing! I live alone, shower once a day, & haven't had to "clean" the shower since I installed this thing. Sometimes I swear it looks cleaner than when I 1st installed it. There is another scent avail which I just bought: Refreshing Spa. I have no idea how it smells since haven't had to use it yet. Still have plenty in the 2nd refill I got when I bought this. Again, I started w/a clean shower stall, & hung a new shower curtain liner. However, love the idea of making my own cleaner w/my own scent. denali: How much vinegar to water? Love your idea! Thanks in advance!

• maimie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am sorry to keep banging this drum but after about 3 mnths, this may be the best thing I ever bought! My shower is spotless, (again, I live alone & do not have hard water), and proudly show friends to encourage them to buy. No, I do not work for SC Johnson! I just like to share good tips to others.

Sponsored
King Construction Company LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Loudoun County, VA Custom Builder for Equestrian Facilities