Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
zep wet look finish

Posted by husk (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 18:43

We also have the ubiquitous film on our hardwood floor...have tried Bona cleaner, Zep hardwood cleaner, and one other.......all do a little bit, but not enough...

Has anyone tried Zep Wet Look finish?

It is a 4 step coating process.......and yes, it will for better or worse change the original finish from the manufacturer.........well, it's terrible anyway..so I can't imagine it being worse.....

We like the shiny look that brings out the beautiful grain of our Brazilian Cherry floor...what is the best way to get a wet, shiny, finish that will hold the shine? If not Zep, then what? thanks so much..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: zep wet look finish

I believe that the surface is dull and looks filmy because of damage to the top layer(s) of the manufactured finish...

I have come to the conclusion that any effect of the cleaners I use will be only to clean present dirt on the surface, but will do nothing to repair the damaged finish..

I know that there are all sorts of ideas discouraging the use of a wax or similar product that will give a shiny surface...but ours is damaged to much to have any hope of improvement to a shiny look, without the use of some material that will give a buildup over time.....

There is a product that I will try next...Pledge Future finish....it has good reviews, and can be removed rather easily, say on an annual basis......I will try Future in an out of way place first..anyone have a comment on Future?

o
RE: zep wet look finish

Wow!...we cleaned the floor using some of Bona, and some of Zep cleaner...then after that dried, we applied a coat of Pledge Future finish.....it gives a clean, glistening look to our hardwood floor that brings out the beautiful grain of the wood......

This is an absolute winner for us....we think, based on other peoples experience, that the floor be cleaned and refinished on a yearly basis......it could not be worse than what we have put up with...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here