Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2nd hand dresser

Posted by suggi (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 08 at 17:57

I badly needed and could not afford a dresser in my bedroom and a friend of a friend wanted to get rid of one so I took it. It is in pretty good condition (a bit dirty) and I wanted to clean it out before putting my clothes in it. I took out the drawers and used a weak bleach solution inside and in and around all of the drawers and then used diswashing soap in water and then rinsed it and tried to dry everything the best I could with paper towels. I left the drawers out for about an hour or so and they seemed dry and then put them back in but left them partly open for about 4 hours. 3 levels of drawers and each portion has a bottom to it instead of just a hole where the drawer slides in.

Just wanted to make sure I did the right thing and let it dry long enough as I don't want mold to grow in there now. How long before I can start putting clothes in the dresser?

Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2nd hand dresser

If the wood feels dry, then it probably is. If you are at all concerned, remove the drawers and try to get some sun and air on them for a day.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here