Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gdnew_gw

How do you change suction setting on Miele Twist vacuum?

gdnew
11 years ago

Hello, I just bought a new Miele Twist and I can't figure out how to change the suction power. The Twist comes with a rotary dial that is supposed to take care of that function but mine doesn't do anything. There is no discernalbe 'click' or transition between any of the dial's four settings and the suction power remains the same. Thinking that the vacuum was defective I had a replacement sent but same problem with the replacement.

The online vendor I purchased the vacuum from has a solid reputation so I have to assume that this quirk has to do with the vacuum's design. I've also seen many video reviews of this vacuum and interesting to note is that none of them showed the actual functionality of the rotary dial. I'm hoping someone on here who has experience with this vacuum can tell me if there might be a specific way I need to use the dial because I couldn't find anything in the manual. Or maybe you can let me know if there really no function to the dial and it's just there to look pretty. This is the only forum I could find that was discussing similar products and Miele's email seems to be down so hopefully you guys can help me before I have deal with customer service on the phone. Thanks!

Comments (4)