Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
h2o mop ultra - pads slip off?

Posted by lmalm53 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 6, 09 at 17:01

Does anybody have the H20 Mop Ultra steam mop? I just got mine yesterday. Putting it together was easy and it generates a lot of steam quickly. I used the carpet glider with the steam mop over some stains on my carpet and today they look lighter and brighter though not totally clean. I may try spot cleaning the carpet first then use the steam mop on top.

But my main concern is that every time I try to use the steam mop on my hardwood floors with just the standard MicroFiber pad attached, the pad won't stay on!! It is almost impossible to push the mop along the wood floor and when I push hard, the pad comes off every time! My wood floors are 20 year old job installed oak hardwood which were sealed with an old oil based Swedish polyurethane process called "Glixa". This oil based process is no longer available with the concerns over toxic components but it really provided a beautiful and enduring seal that has held up very well over 20 years. I don't know why my mop will not glide across the floor though. I can easily mop the floor with standard mops and cloths, but this "micro pad" just sticks and then pulls off.

Am I doing something wrong? I have the drawstring pulled tightly as the instructions indicate. I have considered trying to sew some elastic straps to the pad to more securely attach it to the mop head or to buy better micro fiber fabric and try making my own pad. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem with the pads not sliding easily on a hardwood floor?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: h2o mop ultra - pads slip off?

This from their website:

Q): Im having trouble getting the Microfiber Cloth to stay on my unit.

A): If using the Microfiber Cloth attach the Microfiber Cloth to the Mop Head. Wrap the drawstring around the Mop Head and tighten it up.

Is that anything different that what you are doing?
If nothing else, give them a call.

I would love have a steam mop but from what I've read and the complaints hear, unless you get a high-end one, you will not be happy.

Hope you find a way to make it work.

o

Hi Arizonny,

Thanks for the response. I have been to the website and saw the same answer in their FAQ. I have the pad tightened up with the drawstring wrapped around the mop head as they say, but it still slips off the front and sides of the mop head depending on which direction I am pushing the mop.

Last night I sewed 2 strips of elastic banding to the microfiber cloth to attach it more securely to the mop head. It does work better that way, but it is still hard to push the mop on the hardwood floor and eventually the pad still comes off.

I will keep working on a solution. The mop works fine on my tile floors and on carpet when using the carpet glider attachment. Just won't glide at all on my hardwood.

o

I have the same mop. And had the same problem with the pad slipping off, at first. Then I discovered that if the pad is pulled well up & evenly over that lip around the mop head before tightening the drawstring that it does not come off, or even act like it wants to. I also make sure to tighten the hell out of the drawstring and tuck the excess inside the pad.

Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here