Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmalm53_gw

h2o mop ultra - pads slip off?

lmalm53
14 years ago

Does anybody have the H20 Mop Ultra steam mop? I just got mine yesterday. Putting it together was easy and it generates a lot of steam quickly. I used the carpet glider with the steam mop over some stains on my carpet and today they look lighter and brighter though not totally clean. I may try spot cleaning the carpet first then use the steam mop on top.

But my main concern is that every time I try to use the steam mop on my hardwood floors with just the standard MicroFiber pad attached, the pad won't stay on!! It is almost impossible to push the mop along the wood floor and when I push hard, the pad comes off every time! My wood floors are 20 year old job installed oak hardwood which were sealed with an old oil based Swedish polyurethane process called "Glixa". This oil based process is no longer available with the concerns over toxic components but it really provided a beautiful and enduring seal that has held up very well over 20 years. I don't know why my mop will not glide across the floor though. I can easily mop the floor with standard mops and cloths, but this "micro pad" just sticks and then pulls off.

Am I doing something wrong? I have the drawstring pulled tightly as the instructions indicate. I have considered trying to sew some elastic straps to the pad to more securely attach it to the mop head or to buy better micro fiber fabric and try making my own pad. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem with the pads not sliding easily on a hardwood floor?

Comments (3)