Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I was boasting about cleaning my plants with the steam cleaner...

Posted by albert_135 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 9, 08 at 15:01

I was boasting to the spouse about cleaning my plants with the steam cleaner and she says something to the affect "You dumb klutz, it describes in the manual that came with the steam cleaner how to use it for cleaning plants." Oh. Well. vbg etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I was boasting about cleaning my plants with the steam cleane

Live plants or fake?

o

I don't get it.

o

Live plants, I hold my steam cleaner wand about 12-14 inches from the leaves and wash off the dust. I tested it on my forearm like a young mother testing the babies bottle for correct temperature.

I boasted of having discovered this myself and my spouse says the procedure was already described in the manual.

Oh, well. Nevermind. Apparently you too are unimpressed.

o

Albert:

I think your wife is lucky to have a hubby that will help out w the housework; and so creative as to think of using the steam cleaner wand for this. Never mind that it is in the manual. I never read them (other than assembly upon occasion).

You did discover it yourself since you did not read the manual, so your wife sounds like she's got an attitude problem. Had my this happended to me w my hubby, I would have said "what a great idea and how nice of you to think of it!"

L

o

Well, the fact that you can use a steamer on live plants is news to me. I stick mine in the bathtub and turn the shower on or hose them down with the garden hose outside.

o

I agree w/lynne sjo. I would have fainted from shock if my husband had done this and then thanked him for telling me about it! I'm a florist & a gardener & in a gazillion years I would not have thought of using a steam cleaner on real plants so kudos to you for sharing this info w/us!!!! I've had a steam cleaner for yrs & never saw this in the manual. Thanks again for the info!

o

I used to put all my plants in the bathtub and turn on the shower (cool water) to give them a nice bath. I don't own a steam cleaner, but I am now very tempted. It's going on my Christmas Wish List, along with the Amazon "kindle" electronic book reader.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here