Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dusting leather furniture

Posted by brownthumbia (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 28, 12 at 14:39

I got some leather furniture---- dark, dark brown. I had no idea how dusty furniture gets until I got these pieces. What I would like to know is, what is the best thing to dust them with? I called the place where I bought them and was told they should have seasonal cleaning, but I want to know what to dust them with in between the thorough cleaning. damp cloth? pledge? or what? Thanks in advance, I don't want to do something that will damage the leather.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dusting leather furniture

I run a Swiffer duster (the one on a pole) over my dining room chairs that have leather seats. I've also used a damp microfiber cloth. Every now and then leather cleaner.
Monica

o

I generally using vacuum cleaner to remove dust at home or using vacuum cleaner to remove first level of dust on the leather furniture. It is quite easy to use..

o

Simply use a dampened cloth to clean leather furniture on a regular basis. Do not use any accessories to clean it as it can leave scratches on the furniture surface. Also avoid using chemical based cleaners as it can lead to problem of fading of color.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here