Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with my new Bissell steam mop

Posted by sblake (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 31, 08 at 14:37

Hi,
I bought a Bissell steam mop yesterday from Kohl's. I tried it out today and though, it seemed to start out great, by the time I got halfway through my kitchen floor, it was leaving streaks and the water was all dirty on the floor! It was just pushing dirty water around!
I was pretty much pushing the steam button continuously.
Am I doing something wrong? Help me out please!
I'm wondering if I should return it for the Shark?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with my new Bissell steam mop

I have the shark, and I find that changing the pads when the floor starts to streak is a big help. I just throw the dirty pad in the wash, by the time I have the 2nd pad ready to replace, the first one is clean and ready to go.

I have lots of tile to clean, so it takes me a while.

o

If you have puddles of water, something is wrong. You shouldn't have any water on the floor from a steam cleaner. The steam vapor should either be in the mop pad or dry quickly in the air.

It sounds like either you are pressing the button too often or the water isn't being heated sufficiently or the mop pad needs to be changed out.

o

This shouldn't happen. I agree you are pushing the button too much, or the mop is defective. I use steam while going forward and pick up the moisture coming back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here