Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krissie55

How to dust behind large pieces of furniture.....

krissie55
9 years ago

Due to inability to move large pieces of furniture to dust behind, the following tip works great. This helps remove cobwebs and less chance of having spiders for bed fellows!

You guessed it, a few too many spider bites let me know it was past time to dust under/around the bed and other pieces of furniture.

Open the windows, close the room door, put on a dust mask, grab a yard LEAF BLOWER (I used electric blower) and blow dust bunnies from behind and under furniture. Work in one direction so most of the dust will accumulate in one area and less likely to land behind the furniture you just cleaned behind. Watch the dust bunnies fly!!

Yes, there will be a huge cloud of dust, so hurry out of the room and close door quickly behind you so dust does not escape into rest of the house.

Wait a while for dust to settle, then dust furniture with a slightly dampened dust cloth and vacuum floors. I suppose you could use a small vacuum cleaner to dust tops of furniture, however the brush might scratch the finish, not sure.

Best to put small things from top of furniture on the bed and cover with a sheet. The wind will blow objects off of furniture and walls if you don't keep the blower at a lower level.

The con: some dust will land behind the furniture during this process, but there will be less dust than before for sure.

Krissie

P.S. If you have a regular house cleaner, choose the day before they come to blow dust bunnies and let them dust furniture and floors. House cleaners I had in the past never cleaned behind furniture, only tops.

This post was edited by krissie on Mon, Aug 4, 14 at 15:34

Comments (5)