Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suggi1

Need advice badly

suggi
14 years ago

I have to get a sewer pipe replaced and it is located in a tight space near the ceiling (and electric box and wires and water pipes, etc, etc. and right over my central vac canister. Plumber said he could not use his "whatever neat slicer" so has to actually saw through the cast iron pipe and admits it willbe a big mess. Am putting up plastic over all I can but I have not outside access door to the basement and the only way to get the plastic full of black iron (and probably germs) is to go upstairs through the hall and out the front door or push it through the basement window which is partly underground with a window well around it. Which do you think is the better way to go? It will be all over the sides of the window and in the window well from pushing it out or if he rolls it into itself and takes it out the front door....I know the sewer pipe will have to be taken out through the front door - won't go out the window because of the angle.

What about clean up? He has a shop vac that I BOUGHT a HEPA filter for so it won't go in one end and out the other. However, there is just so much a plumber will do and I don't even know if he will take the plastic with him or leave it for me. ugh. I wouldn't be so worried about it but had a mastectomy and low immune system. Do I have to wash down he basement with bleach before I re-vacuum as he thinks the dust will go right through the plastic but it will be less than if nothing was put up. Hopefully, the dust sticks to the plastic.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor