Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cleaning teapot

Posted by cearab (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 17, 08 at 12:14

I haven't been able to get the inside of my teapot clean. It's a Villeroy and Boch china pot. I've tried baking soda, dish detergent and a mild scrubbing from my sponge scrubber. I've put it in the dishwasher. Still, the inside is stained. I've even let it sit overnight with lemon juice, white vinegar and warm water. Noting is removing the stains. Any suggestions as to how to clean this? I was thinking about trying Bartenders Friend, but wasn't sure if that was too harsh.
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cleaning teapot

Magic Eraser usually works well for this type of staining. If not, Barkeeper's Friend shouldn't cause damage. If, however, the staining is embedded in cracks in the finish, you may be out of luck.

o

Soak it overnight with either solution:
1) warm water and lots of Clorox chlorine liquid bleach

or

2)hot water and a tablespoon or two of electric dishwasher detergent.

Might need only a few hours.

o

I'm going to try the dishwasher detergent this week. I use the tabs so I will try to break on in half and dissolve it in hot water. I'll let you know if that works, then move on to the other solutions.
Thanks.

o

BarKeepers friend on a soft cloth will do it in about 20 seconds.
Linda C

o

Sheliajoyce:
I boiled some water last night and put a broken up dishwasher tab in the teapot. Filled the pot up with the hot water. This morning the teapot is as white as new. All the teastain is completly gone. Thank you all very much for your suggestions. I never would have thought about the dishwasher detergent in this case.
Thanks again

o

Denture tablets work well! They also clean iced tea jugs and vases!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here