Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snaillover_gw

Do they not make Spic and Span anymore?

I cannot find it anywhere, the powder or the spray bottle.

Comments (24)

• emma
    10 years ago

I don't know but you can try Googling it.

• shymilfromchi
    10 years ago

I found it at an Ace Hardware Store.

• SnailLover (MI - zone 5a)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, I'll look there. None of the big stores around here carry it, including Walmart and Target. Just thought it was odd.

• albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
    10 years ago

Living in small remote places we discovered Amazon.com has almost everything you can imagine and it is not too difficult to get free shipping on many items.

Oh, and yes, they have Spic and Spam with free shipping if you buy three 27oz boxes at $9.95 each.

• stir_fryi SE Mich
    10 years ago

Good stuff. I remember my mother washing the walls and floors with it.

• SnailLover (MI - zone 5a)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mine too, and that's exactly what I wanted it for. I did find the liquid stuff at Walmart this week, but there's absolutely no powder in this town.

• Kathsgrdn
    9 years ago

I looked today for it in Wal-Mart, no powder only a spray bottle. I hope it works like the old powder did.

• cold_weather_is_evil
    9 years ago

Just for fun, this is from Wikipedia:

Spic and Span is a major U.S. brand of all-purpose household cleaner, invented by entrepreneurs Elizabeth "Bet" MacDonald and Naomi Stenglein in Saginaw, Michigan, in 1933. The women experimented until they came up with a formula that included equal parts of ground-up glue, sodium carbonate, and trisodium phosphate

The current owner, Prestige Brands, continues to market the product for consumer use. Procter & Gamble still markets Spic and Span for commercial use. However, the product is no longer advertised on television.

• Thereasa Pantaleo
    8 years ago

Cleaned floors better than anything

• cacocobird
    8 years ago

i used Spic and Span for years. Then it disappeared, and i haven't been happy with others, Will have to check Amazon.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    8 years ago

I can still find the powder at Ace Hdwr. If you have an Ace near you that doesn't stock it, you can order it into that store for free pickup, no shipping. Spic Span at Ace $6.99

• cacocobird
    8 years ago

They have the powder version on Amazon. Will order soon.

• Andrew
    8 years ago

Walmart has CINCH which is the Spic-N-Span window/all purpose cleaner. I have found the powder at a restaurant supply store called GFS (Gordon Food Supply.)

HTH

• maries1120
    7 years ago

I used to use this to clean sinks and tubs. It worked great and didn't seem to scratch. I loved the smell.

• mamapinky0
    7 years ago

Back in.. I think it was around 2010 Phosphates were removed from Spic and Span. Its never been the same since.

• User
    7 years ago

i know that this is an old thread, but, I too used to use SS and it was my go to cleaner. Then, they went to this liquid form and they added a sickly sweet and truely awful smell to it. Your house will smell like this sick smell for days after using just a little bit of it. I have a bottle that I will use only for outdoors. The smell is just awful. I did not mind the smell of the old stuff in the box and I used it for years. No more.

• jakeseacrest
    7 years ago

I just bought a spray bottle at Big Lots. Only $1

• whypraytellwhy
    7 years ago

I presume this thread persists as more of a conversational chat than as a query, nevertheless, on Amazon:

Spic and Span Cleaner, Original Formula Dosage, 27-Ounce Box (Pack of 4) by Spic And Span
    $42.65($0.39/Ounce)

Amazon often has items that are no longer on the shelves of Walmart or Target.

• George Bishop
    6 years ago

I ordered from ACO hardware. No shipping charge to ship to the store. $5.99 + tax

• Elizabeth
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Spic and Span no longer contains TSP which is what made it work so well.

• George Bishop
    6 years ago

Phosphates have been banned in Michigan since 2010. They pollute our lakes and streams.

• B McLain
    4 years ago

I had to get mine on Amazon, but Walmart still carries it too.

• cacocobird
    4 years ago

Does the powdered version smell? I have asthma and am very sensitive to harsh odors.