Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miele Canister for Automotive cleaning?

Posted by xaeror35 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 13, 10 at 11:07

I am looking for a good canister vacuum and I am almost set on the Miele lineup of canisters. I do have a question, are they good for automotive cleaning? I guess the only question is does the stick handle come off and allow you to use the attachments with the hose only? I am leaning towards the Capricorn (might as well go all the way )

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miele Canister for Automotive cleaning?

Well...Yes, in terms of performance and attachments, but the electronic wand is way too cumbersome to be useful in such a tight space. You'll be holding the handle alone, so might as well get a less expensive model for that purpose.

I have the Capricorn and it's pretty wonderful. I wouldn't like it to go into the garage though. :( They use a shopvac in there.

o
RE: Miele Canister for Automotive cleaning?

The only reason to buy the Capricorn for auto detailing is to have the luxury of having all the controls at your fingertips rather than having to get out of the car to change settings. All S5 series are basically the same. They differ with regard to controls (dial/electronics, etc) For car detailing save some money by getting the Libra instead of the Capricorn, get the powerhead you want (Find the right dealer who can switchout the powerhead for the one most suitable for you), with the savings buy the SMC 10 Microset and the SCC Plus Car Kit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here