Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mystery stain on corian

Posted by lilyrowan (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 08 at 11:00

I am finishing up a renovation project (after firing the contractor). One remaining problem is a mystery stain on the new corian. It seems that the preferred method of cleaing stains from corian is to use a fine grit sandpaper. Does it matter that I don't know what caused the stain? Would the cleaning method be the same regardless of the source? I don't want to further damage the surface in case I have to have the whole countertop replaced -- yes I have held out my final payment to this jerk. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mystery stain on corian

I used to pour liquid bleach on stains on my Formica.

o

By "a mystery stain" you mean a stain that THEY did, right? I would insist that they remove the stain on your newly installed counter and if they damage it during the removal, then they replace the counter.

o

Dilly,
Yes, they did it and they should fix it, however, on each of the three occasions these idiots tried to correct an item on the punchlist, they damaged two additional items. For example, when they put poly on the bedroom floor, they also tracked it across the new floor in the living room and poured it in the stainless steel sink in the kitchen. I refuse to let them into the house again. If I can't clean the corian, I will have it replaced and pay for it out of the money I am holding back from the final payment.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here