Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fiveholetarget

Ice Tea Stains in Stainless Steel Sink?

fiveholetarget
17 years ago

Does anyone know how to remove brown ice tea stains from a kitchen stainless steel sink?

Thanks!

Comments (9)

• edselpdx
    17 years ago

Make a paste of powdered dishwasher detergent and let it sit on the stain for a few minutes and then scrub. Works for coffee on stainless steel, at least.

• azzalea
    17 years ago

First thing I reach for is the baking soda--it's handy, it's cheap, it's non-toxic and anti-bacterial. And takes care of many stains and tough cleaning problems.

If that didn't work, my next choice would be Bar Keeper's Friend--really good product. I like it for polishing my brass handrail on my wrought irong railing. Job used to take me a good half hour with brass polish--BK'sF cuts the time down to about 10 minutes!

• fuzzywuzzer
    17 years ago

A Brillo pad gets out most stains for me.

• plumbly22
    17 years ago

Did you try filling the sink with a bleach solution? That's how I clean my tea pots and cups.

• jnov95
    17 years ago

I CLEANED MINE WITH DISWASHER DETERGENT, IT WORKED WONDERS, BUT NEXT TIME I WILL USE GLOVES, BECAUSE IT DRIED MY HANDS OUT.

• quiltglo
    17 years ago

A little elbow grease and a micro-fiber cloth will work. Bakings soda sprinkled on and scrubbed will work. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will work. The less you scratch up the sink, the less those kind of things will leave coloring.

Gloria

• rachelrachel
    17 years ago

The hardware store I went to didn't sell Bar Keepers Friend. I had rust stains from cans left in the bottom of my sink. They had a product called Zud which scrubbed the rust right off.

• sheilajoyce_gw
    14 years ago

Zud is the strongest scouring powder out there and was originally recommended to me by a plumber. It is so strong that I would not use it on a good porcelin sink, but if you have an old sink that's lost its shiney finish, it is the only thing to really keep it clean. I buy it at the hardware stores only.

• krissie55
    14 years ago

"Chlorox Cleanup Cleaner with Bleach" is excellent for removing stains in the sink.