Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help for cleaning Ceramic Glass Cook Top

Posted by debora_2008 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 15, 08 at 10:44

A piece of aluminum foil burned onto our black glass cook top. We scraped off a lot, but some won't come off - it almost seems fused on. Is there any hope? Do you have any ideas? We appreciate any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help for cleaning Ceramic Glass Cook Top

I'm thinking it will just burn off over time. But did you try something like Cerama Bryte cooktop cleaner on it? That may help get that last of it off.

o

On other sites people use a razor to shed off unwanted burnt on stuff. I am looking for green cleaning recipes to clean the top of mine. It always has some film on it and I have used the buffing cleaner. Any suggestions on green cleaning it?? Thanks, Tami

o

i have used a razor but i put a little dishwashing liquid like palmolive etc to protect the surface and gently scraped the surface of my cooktop then I use soft scrub comet with bleach and the blue non abrasive sponges then rinse several times with a damp cloth-works really well for me no scratches-good luck

o

I use the razor for the baked on stuff. For a really good cleaning, spray with a 50/50 mix of water and white vinegar then sprinkle with baking soda. Let it sit for a few minutes, scrub and rinse. I used to use Cerama Bryte until I went green with my cleaners. In my opinion the vinegar/water/baking soda works better and it's a lot cheaper! Don't worry about the vinegar smell, it goes away after it dries.

o

What kind of "green" are you looking for? Cerama Bryte says its biodegradable.

Debora -- any luck?

Here is a link that might be useful: Cerama Bryte

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here