Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Zest bar soap

Posted by patann (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 15, 09 at 10:33

Regarding leaving scum on tub and tile, is the current (2009) Zest bar soap still the best bar for leaving no scum or has the forumla changed over the years. My spouse is not taking well to using a body wash. Help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Zest bar soap

There is a lot of confusion regarding the Zest brand. Originally it was one of the first detergent bars and hence did not leave soap scum like soap did.

There has been increased interest in recent years by consumers in using real soap in lieu of detergent bars and for some strange reason the brand Zest has now become a soap bar. Why the company did not just make a soap bar and brand it with a new and exciting name is a mystery to many.

Article:

"In 2007, in a seeming about-face of their 'no soap film' policy, Procter & Gamble discontinued the old product and re-assigned the trademark to a soap bar with a size reduced by 11% (from 4.5 to 4.0 ounces), a new bar shape, and new, more intense fragrance. The brand was further diluted by the introduction of bottled liquid Zest. A recent perusal of their support site yielded the following claim: "Zest Linen Fresh, Tropical Fresh and Tangerine Mango Twist are no longer made with synthetic ingredients. Theyre 100% soap and have a new "surf" shape."

Here is a link that might be useful: Zest Soap

o

My mother has some bars of Zest she bought in the 70's. Can you say hoarder?

o

Thank you guys very much. I'm going to post another question about favorite bath washes because since i've successfully cleaned my tub with all the advise on this Forum, I don't want to see another bar soap in my life.
Pat

o

I have cross-posted this in a couple of other threads.

I only use Dove soap for bathing. Does not dry out the skin like so many bar soaps. You know, that stretched-tight feeling when you're squeaky clean, which almost hurts. None of that with Dove. It's so creamy because of the lotion in it. Excellent if you have sensitive skin. It also has a very nice smell, not perfumey.

And a HUGE bonus: it leaves almost NO scum! It will take you months and months to start building up any soap scum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here