Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Disinfecting Colored Towels

Posted by happylady1957 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 08 at 9:03

Hello All,

I've posted on the Laundry Forum also, but wanted to pick your fertile brains, as well!

How to disinfect towels when bleach can't be used? I'm concerned about my Son's "athlete foot" towels, as well as kitchen towels used to wipe up raw meat drippings. I've switched almost completely to microfiber in the kitchen, and feel so virtuous!

TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Disinfecting Colored Towels

Detergent in the washer, the heat of the wash water, the heat of the dryer, and the resulting dryess of the fabric are enough to satify me.

o

And enough to satisfy general recommendations. a dish towel washed in hot water with detergent and dried in the dryer is clean enough to use to wrap a wound.
Your towels don't have to be like a sterile hospital drape.
Linda C

o

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that the hot water and dryer was enough to kill e.coli, but am happy to hear it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here