Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eldemila

A Cleaning Tip fo Foregetful Minds - Learned the Hard Way

eldemila
14 years ago

As I sit down to take a break, cool off (sweating buckets) and hope to have learned my lesson, I come to give a word of advice...

When you are ready to disassemble something to clean, or repair, and you think you'll remember how that one piece you JUST took off goes back on, hopefully, you'll remember this...

If your mind isn't as good as it use to be, take a picture, draw a diagram, or write a short description on how the piece fits BEFORE you take it off.

I just removed the back piece from the fridge that one of the drawers and top glass piece backs up to to seal the back, not that I realized it came off til it came off. I put it in the sink the way it came out and figured it was easy to remember how it was when I took it out of the fridge.

I've been struggling to get it back on there correctly and have given up the fight, for now. Whatever I'm doing, it's not going back on. Wasted too much time and not in the mood.

Figured I'd save one person from making a mistake like this today with my tip - next time I'll remember my cell phone camera when I do something like this - well, hopefully, I'll remember;) I'll return to the task at hand later.

Have a great day!

Comments (8)